During Your First Year at LSUHSC
Once you are settled into your new roles, we invite you to meet with your department chair and/or section chief to discuss the following areas of your professional development that are important to think about throughout your first year at LSUHSC.
• LSUHSC CV (MS Word | PDF) Your curriculum vitae is the most important element in your tenure and promotion package. We recommend starting to use the template provided at the beginning of your career with LSUHSC. You can seek out support from the Office of Faculty and Institutional Affairs if needed to ensure that you are presenting your materials in the best possible way.
• Committee Opportunities - Now that you are more settled in your job, you may want to consider participating in university/departmental committees. A call for self-nominations general occurs in July/August at the beginning of the academic year. At this time, you can express your interest in what service activities fit with your interests.
• Annual Review - Annual review is undertaken for all full-time faculty members, within the School of Medicine. The annual review instrument is submitted by the faculty member to their direct supervisor. An up-dated version of the faculty member’s Curriculum Vitae is also submitted.
• Promotion & Tenure - There are annual workshops to help you learn about the tenure process at LSUHSC. It’s never too early to think about what is needed for your tenure packet.
• Campus/Employee Assistance - The Campus Assistance Program is a free service provided by LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans to assist employees, faculty, staff, residents, and students in resolving personal or work related problems.