Charles Cefalu, MD, MS
- The effect of chronic anemia and chronic renal failure on elderly frail LTC patients at two nursing homes in the NO Metro area
Erwin A Aguilar, Pharm.D, MSc, MPH
- Prospective Observational Study to Evaluate Physical Performance and Quality of Life in Older Long Stay Nursing Home Residents with Chronic Kidney Disease with and without Anemia
- An Open-Label, Randomized, Multi-center, Controlled Study of PROCRIT® (Epoetin alfa) for the Treatment of Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease in the Long Term Care Setting
- Phase II Rotavirus Gastroenteritis in a Long-Term Care Population
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of Oral Lixivaptan Capsules in Subjects with Euvolemic Hyponatremia.
- Basic demographic, laboratory values, diseases and co-morbidities de-identified information of elderly population living in a nursing home setting: A chart review study (Cross-sectional)
- Osteoporosis Diagnosis and Treatment Patterns in Long-Term Care Facilities
Stephen Morse, DO
- End-Stage Renal Disease in Subjects Enrolled in the Bogalusa Heart Study: A Long-Term Community Study of a Rural Biracial (White/Black) Population
Efrain Reisin, MD
- Job Stress Related Hypertension
- Effects of Tesaglitazar on Type 2 Diabetes in Obese Zucker Rats
- Effects of HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibition on Obese Zucker Rats
- The Effect of Sulodexide in Overt Type 2 Diabetic Nephropathy
- The Effect of Sulodexide in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and Microalbuminuria
- An Open-Label Study of the Renal Effects of Tesaglitazar in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- A One-Year Treatment Trial to Compare Micardis (telmisartan) 80mg versus Cozaar (losartan) 100mg in Hypertensive Type 2 Diabetic Patients with Overt Nephropathy
Nephrology and Hypertension
Erwin A. Aguilar, Pharm.D, MSc, MPH
- Antihypertensive and lipid lowering treatment to prevent heart attack trial (ALLHAT)
- Study of the Antihypertensive Activity and Safety of BMS-186716, a Dual Metalloprotease Inhibitor, in the Treatment of Hypertension
- A study of the antiproteinuric effects of omapatrilat and amlodipine in Type II Diabetes with hypertension and microalbuminuria or overt nephropathy
- A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo Controlled Study to Evaluate the Renal Protective Effects of Losartan in Patients with Non-insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus and Nephropathy.
- A trial to investigate the comparative efficacy and safety of nisoldipine and amlodipine for the treatment of black subjects with hypertension; CESNA III
- Dose Response Study with Intravenous 2HMR4396 in Anemic Subjects with Chronic Renal Failure Requiring Hemodialysis
- A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Dose-Finding Study of Lercanidipine Hydrochloride in Patients with Essential Hypertension
- A prospective randomized double-blind parallel group multicenter titration study comparing the safety and efficacy of Diltiazem hydrochloride's extended release tablets taken at bedtime, to amlodipine taken in the morning in achieving optimal blood pressure control in African-American patients with Stage I and essential hypertension
- Crossover, randomized, blinded, prospective, multicenter clinical evaluation of the rate of adverse events to FERRLECIT® in hemodialysis patients as compared to placebo and historical controls (Protocol FER9803)
- A randomized, double-blind, parallel group evaluation of usual care plus Cerivastatin 0.4 mg once daily compared with usual care (placebo) alone in patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) New to Hemodialysis: Cerivastatin Heart Outcomes in Renal Disease: Understanding Survival (CHORUS).
- Prevalence of Anemia in Patients with Early Renal Insufficiency
- Job Stress Related Hypertension.
- Antihypertensive Efficacy of Adding Candesartan Cilexetil to Lisinopril in Comparison to Up-titration of Lisinopril: A Multi Center Trial Using ATACAND®-ZESTRIL® versus ZESTRIL® to Evaluate the Effects of Lowering Blood Pressure
- Nested Case Controlled Study of Potential Risk Factors for Angioedema and Angioedema-Like Events in Subjects Previously Exposed to Omapatrilat
- A study evaluating the initiation and titration of fixed doses of novel Erythropoies Stimulating Protein (NESP) Therapy in subjects with chronic renal insufficiency (CRI)
- A 6-week, Dose-comparison Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Rosuvastatin versus Atorvastatin, Cerivastatin, Pravastatin, and Simvastatin in Subjects with Hypercholesterolemia
- A randomized double-blind study comparing Aranesp and rHuEPO in the treatment of anemia in African- American subjects with chronic renal failure receiving hemodialysis
- A Placebo-controlled, Double-blind, Multicenter Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of an Oral Calcimimetic Agent (AMG 073) in Secondary Hyperparathyroidism of Chronic Kidney Disease (Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis)”. Protocol 20000188
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Open-label Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of an Oral Calcimimetic Agent (AMG 073) When Two Different Vitamin D Regimens are Used in Subjects with Secondary Hyperparathyroidism of End-stage Renal Disease
- A Phase IV, prospective, randomized, active-controlled, double-blind, double-dummy, multi-center study to evaluate the survival benefits of Zemplar relative to Calcijex in subjects with stage V Chronic kidney disease on hemodialysis
- A prospective, randomised, double-blind, double-dummy, forced-titration, multicentre, parallel group, one year treatment trial to compare MICARDIS® (telmisartan) 80 mg versus COZAAR® (losartan) 100 mg, in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients with overt nephropathy (AMADEO)
- A Phase IIIb, Multi-Center, Two-Cohort, Randomized Study, with an Open-Label Run-In and a Long-Term Extension Phase, Assessing an Extended Dose Range of Lanthanum Carbonate in End Stage Renal Disease Subjects Receiving Hemodialysis
- An Exploratory, Randomized, Double-Blind, Multiple Dose Study of KRX-101 (Sulodexide Gelcaps) for the Treatment of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetic Nephropathy Patients with Persistent Microalbuminuria
- A 24-week, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Multi-Center, Open-Label Study of the Renal Effects of Tesaglitazar in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: ARMOR (Analyzing Renal Mechanisms of creatinine excretion in patients On TesaglitazaR) D6160C00040
- Effects of HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibition on Obese Zucker Rats
- Effects of tesaglitazar on Type 2 Diabetes in Obese Zucker Rats
- End Stage Renal Disease in Subjects Enrolled in the Bogalusa Heart Study: A long term community study of a rural biracial (White/Black) population
- The Effect of Sulodexide in Overt Type 2 Diabetic Nephropathy - Collaborative Study Trial
- The Effect of Sulodexide in Overt Type 2 Diabetic Microalbuminuria - Collaborative Study Trial
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Prospective Study Comparing the Safety and Efficacy of Fenofibric Acid and Simvastatin Combination Therapy to Fenofibric Acid and Simvastatin Monotherapy in Subjects with Mixed Dyslipidemia – Protocol MO2-749/758
- Evaluation of Cinacalcet HCl Therapy to Lower Cardiovascular Events (EVOLVE) (Sensipar® / Mimpara®)
- A Phase IV, Long-Term, Observational Safety Study in End Stage Renal Disease Subjects Treated with Lanthanum Carbonate (Fosrenol®) Protocol SPD405-404
- A Phase III, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of AST-120 for Prevention of Chronic Kidney Disease Progression in Patients with Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease including Assessment of Quality of Life.
- A Phase 3, Randomized, Active-controlled, Open-label, Multi-center Study of the Safety and Efficacy of AF37702 Injection for the Maintenance Treatment of Anemia in Hemodialysis Patients Previously Treated With Epoetin Alfa
- A Phase III, multi-center, open label, flexible dose, long term safety study of MCI-196 in chronic kidney disease stage V subjects on dialysis with hyperphosphatemia. \
- A Phase 2 Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Study of FG-3019 in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Persistent Proteinuria on Background Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor and/or Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker Therapy.
- Randomized Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety of Ferric Carboxymaltose in Patients with Iron Deficiency Anemia and Impaired Renal function.
- A Randomized Double-blind Placebo-controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Cinacalcet for the Treatment of Hypercalcemia in Subjects with Primary Hyperparathyroidism Unable to Undergo Parathyroidectomy.
- A Randomized, Double-Masked, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter, Phase 2 Study to Evaluate the Safety and Renal Efficacy of LY2382770 in Patients with Diabetic Kidney Disease Due to Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes.
- A 3-Period, 58-Week Safety and Efficacy Trial of KRX-0502 (Ferric Citrate) in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) on Dialysis.
- Saxagliptin Assessment of Vascular Outcomes Recorded in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus A Multicentre, Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase IV Trial to Evaluate the Effect of Saxagliptin on the Incidence of Cardiovascular Death,
- yocardial Infarction or Ischaemic Stroke in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- Bardoxolone methyl evaluation in patients with chronic kidney disease and type 2 diabetes: eGFR and the occurrence of renal events