LSU Dept of Ophthalmology
533 Bolivar St, Rm 451B
New Orleans, LA 70112
Salary & Benefits
All residents and fellows are employees of LSUHSC as House Officers (no junior faculty status for fellows).
- Health insurance is paid in part by LSUHSC, in part by employee.
- Malpractice insurance is covered by LSUHSC. Please note this only covers work done within the training program, not moonlighting activities.
- Disability is provided by LSUHSC. Some house officers like to purchase additional coverage at their expense for added benefits.
- There are also optional vision and dental insurance plans.
- Four weeks of vacation are allotted per resident per year. As well all Residents are given 5 days of Educational Leave.
For more information, contact Human Resource Management, Benefits Section at (504) 568-7780.
2023-2024 House Officer Pay Scale
For more about LSU GME and information pertinent to all LSU residents, please see the Applicants' Section at http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/medical_education/graduate/page_applicants.asp
All residents and fellows must be licensable in the State of Louisiana (www.lsbme.org). License applications should be made as soon as match results are received as it is a lengthy process. Training and pay will be delayed if license is not received prior to scheduled start date.