- Evaluation of the Louisiana Pre-release Medicaid Enrollment Program. 2019.
- Louisiana Community Health Worker Workforce Study Committee Report. 2020.
- A Rapid Assessment of Disaster Preparedness Needs and Resources during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, 2021.
- Mental Health Community and Health System Issues in COVID-19: Lessons from Academic, Community, Provider and Policy Stakeholders. Ethnicity & Disease, 2020.
Community Health Workers
- "Nothing About Us Without Us": Insights from State-level Efforts to Implement Community Health Worker Certification. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2021.
- Processes for Implementing Community Health Worker Workforce Development Initiatives. Frontiers in Public Health, 2021.
- To strengthen the public health response to COVID-19, we need community health workers. Health Affairs Blog, 2020.
- Community health worker leadership in Louisiana, during and after Hurricane Katrina. American Journal of Public Health, 2020.
- Insights on COVID-19 from community health worker state leaders. Journal of Ambulatory Care Management, 2020.
- Promoting Community Health Worker Leadership in Policy Development: Results from a Louisiana Workforce Study. Journal of Community Health, 2020.
- The National Association of Community Health Workers disputes findings of Covert et al. American Journal of Public Health, 2019.
Environment and Disaster
- Community perspectives on cross-sectoral collaborations to enhance preparedness and community resilience in disaster prone areas: Findings from South Louisiana. American Journal of Public Health, 2019.
- Examining Medicaid utilization data pre-and post-natural disaster: A case study of the 2016 Baton Rouge flood indicating a need for increase behavioral health access. American Journal of Public Health, 2019.
- Strategies to address trauma and enhance resilience in climate change- and disaster-at-risk communities. Traumatology, 2019.
Incarceration and Health
- Interventions for incarcerated adults with opioid use disorder in the United States: A systematic review with a focus on social determinants of health. PLoS One, 2020.
- Promoting health equity and criminal justice reform: The Louisiana experience. American Journal of Public Health, 2020.
- Resilience Against Depression Disparities (RADD): A protocol for a randomised comparative effectiveness trial for depression among predominantly low-income racial/ethnic, sexual and gender minorities. BMJ Open, 2019
- Engaging LGBTQ Communities in Community-Partnered Participatory Research: Lessons from the Resilience Against Depression Disparities Study. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action, 2021..
Maternal and Child Health
- Louisiana Pharmacies' Availability of Emergency Contraception and Counseling Accuracy to Adolescent and Physician Callers. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, 2021
Population Geography and Emergency Contraception Access in Louisiana. Pharmacy (Basel), 2020.
- Analysis of Pregnancy and Birth Rates Among Black and White Medicaid-Enrolled Teens. Journal of Adolescent Health, 2020.
- Homicide During Pregnancy and the Postpartum Period in Louisiana, 2016-2017. JAMA Pediatrics, 2020.
- Maternal and infant characteristics associated with maternal opioid overdose in the year following delivery. Addiction, 2020.
Social Determinants of Health
- Action to improve social determinants of health: Outcomes of leadership and advocacytraining for community residents. Health Promotion Practice, 2020.
- Training community residents to address social determinants of health in under resourced communities. Health Promotion Practice, 2019.