Clinical Skills Lab
- Daryl Lofaso, Ph.D., RRT, CHSE
Skills Lab Course Director
- 2020 Gravier Street, Suite 602
New Orleans, LA 70112
CSI 202 Skills Lab # 6:
OBJECTIVES/COMPETENCIES: At the end of this lab, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and review appropriate Simple Suturing: indications, contraindications, technique, and equipment.
- Demonstrate and review appropriate Anesthetic: indications, contraindications, technique, and equipment.
- Demonstrate proper technique of wound irrigation.
- View video tape on Basic Suturing.
Read Basic Suturing in the Student Procedure Manual; view video on Basic Laceration Repair; and Review above web page prior to the session. Take on-line pre-test prior to the "Zoom" scheduled review: pretest, discussion, and question/answer. After the Zoom session, student groups will attend a scheduled lab session for a procedure demonstration and practice. Students will report to the Skills Lab to demonstrate the procedure/skill on either an anatomical model or patient simulator.
WEB BASES INFORMATION / NOTES :
LSUHSC NEEDLE STICK EXPOSURE POLICY:
EQUIPMENT : None
DRESS : Comfortable Clothes.