Clinical Skills Lab
- Daryl Lofaso, Ph.D., RRT, CHSE
Skills Lab Course Director
- 2020 Gravier Street, Suite 602
New Orleans, LA 70112
CSI 202 Skills Lab # 4:
Airway Management / O2Delivery Devices / Nasogastric Tube (NGT)
OBJECTIVES/COMPETENCIES: At the end of this lab, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and review appropriate Nasogastric tube intubation (NG Tube): indications, contraindications, technique, and equipment.
- Demonstrate and review appropriate Oral (Endotracheal tubes = ETT) intubation and Nasal / Oral airways: indications, contraindications, technique, and equipment.
- Demonstrate and review appropriate Oxygen delivery devices: nasal cannula, venti-mask, and non-rebreather mask and indications.
Read endotracheal tube intubation and nasogastric tube intubation in the Student Procedure Manual; O2 Delivery Devices handout; and view videos on Nasogastric Intubation, Orotracheal Intubation, and Positive-Pressure Ventilation with a Face Mask prior to the session. Also review the PowerPoint presentation on Skills Lab 4, which may be printed out as a handout. Take on-line pre-test prior to the “Zoom" scheduled review: pretest, discussion, and question/answer. After the Zoom session, student groups will attend a scheduled lab session for a procedure demonstration and practice. Students will report to the Skills Lab to demonstrate the procedure/skill on either an anatomical model or patient simulator.
EQUIPMENT : None
DRESS : Comfortable Clothes.