Clinical Skills Lab
- Daryl Lofaso, Ph.D., RRT, CHSE
Skills Lab Course Director
- 2020 Gravier Street, Suite 602
New Orleans, LA 70112
CSI 201 - Skills Lab # 3:
OBJECTIVES/COMPETENCIES: At the end of this lab, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and review proper technique for cardiac exam
- Identify the appropriate bony landmarks and auscultatory area (aortic, pulmonic, tricuspid, and mitral).
- Identify first and second heart sounds (S1 and S2), distinguish systolic from diastolic in the cardiac cycle.
- Identify S3 and S4 heart sounds.
- Identify systolic and diastolic murmurs.
Read Bates (13e) textbook, Chapter 16: Cardiovascular System (E-Book Link: pages 489-560) prior to the session. Also, review the PowerPoint presentation on Skills Lab 3, which may be printed out as handout. Take on-line pre-test prior to the "Zoom" scheduled review: pretest, discussion, and question/answer. After the Zoom session, student groups will attend a scheduled lab session for a procedure demonstration. Students will report to the Skills Lab to demonstrate the procedure/skill on either an anatomical model or patient simulator.
WEB BASED INFORMATION / NOTES:
DRESS: Comfortable Clothes.