Clinical Skills Lab
- Daryl Lofaso, Ph.D., RRT, CHSE
Skills Lab Course Director
- 2020 Gravier Street, Suite 602
New Orleans, LA 70112
CSI 102 – Physiology Lab
OBJECTIVES/COMPETENCIES At the end of this lab, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and review the attachment, reading and assessment of EKG monitor.
- Demonstrate proper application of EKG monitor and basic EKG rhythm identification.
- Demonstrate and review proper pulse assessment on a simulated patient – Regular, Regularly-Irregular or Irregularly-Irregular.
Read the cardiac monitor handout and review Bates (12th Ed) textbook, Charpter 9, section "Electrocardiogram" prior to the session.
DRESS: Comfortable clothes