Clinical Skills Lab
- Daryl Lofaso, Ph.D., RRT, CHSE
Skills Lab Course Director
- 2020 Gravier Street, Suite 602
New Orleans, LA 70112
CSI 101 – Skills Lab # 1
AHA Basic Life Support Course
OBJECTIVES/COMPETENCIES At the end of this lab, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and review basic level airway technique: head-tilt-chin-lift and jaw-thrust of adult and pediatric patients.
- Demonstrate and review mouth-to-mask ventilation (Not applicable – COVID-19) and bag-valve-mask ventilation.
- Demonstrate and review closed chest compressions and pulse assessment (radial, brachial, and carotid pulses) of adult and pediatric patients.
- Demonstrate and review the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
Required: Complete On-line HeartCode BLS course.
Instructions for HeartCode BLS
- Go to https://www.onlineaha.org/
- Activate your course key. Please make sure you activate your OWN course key. Please DO NOT accidentally activate a classmates.
- Click Login/Register and register an account.
- Enter your UNIQUE key code. -------------------
- Scroll down and click I Accept and Activate My Course Key
- Complete the course and take the exam.
- Print your course completion certificate and bring it with you to your scheduled BLS course.
YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE BLS COURSE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPLETION CERTIFICATE.