Biostatistics & Bioinformatics Core
The goal of the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Core (BBC) is to provide Biostatistics and Bioinformatics solutions to the Center for Translational Viral Oncology (CTVO) investigators to accelerate translational research on viral oncology, across all roles within the research team.
The BBC will provide analytical support at all stages of research, beginning with the formulation of explicitly testable study questions, experimental design, data collection, management, analysis, and interpretation, as well as the writing of reports and dissemination of results.
- Protocol development/review
- Study design
- Power calculation/ sample size justification
- Data management and quality control
- Advice on statistical methods
- Reviewing statistical method sections
- Statistical analysis plan
- Programming and data analysis
- Preparation of tables and figures
- Result interpretation
- Preparation for manuscripts and grants
- Project planning and design
- NGS Omics data analysis
- Custom data integration
- Analysis of publicly available data
- Variant calling and annotation
- Functional genomics analysis
- Single-cell RNA-Seq data analysis
- RNA-Seq and microarray data analysis
- Genome assembly
- Large-scale data management
- Pathway prediction
- Integrating genomic with clinical data
- Data clustering
For statistical support, please contact Dr. Hui-Yi Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For bioinformatics support, please contact Dr. Chindo Hicks at email@example.com.